Thursday 25 June 2015

Sago pudding|Sabudana kheer|How to make sabudana kheer

Sabudana kheer is one dessert which takes me back to my childhood instantly.



My mother and grandmother used to make this kheer every thursday(as they used to fast on thursdays).And me the little greedy girl,used to wait for thursday to come.



I used to attack this kheer with all my might and not even bothered to keep fasting food satvik or pure.Obviously my mom and grandmom never minded.And the result is that I am still super crazy for this kheer.



Sabudana kheer is also a great #babyfood as it is very soft on stomach and filling.

Preparation time:2 to 3 hours to  soak and store drained sago pearls
Cooking time:15 minutes
Serves:3 to 4

Ingredients:

  1. 1 cup sago pearls
  2. 2 cups water(for soaking sago)
  3. 3 cups toned milk
  4. 5 tbsp sugar
  5. Pinch of saffron strands(optional)

RECIPE:
  1. Soak sago pearls in water ,drain the water and keep wet pearls stored in a bowl covered with lid.
  2. Take a thick bottomed pan.Add milk in it .Let the milk come to boil.Now add swollen sago pearls to the pan.Let this cook on low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
  3. Once the milk has reduced to half of its original quantity,add sugar.Let this cook on low heat for 5 minutes.Stir well.
  4. At the end add saffron strands,stir once again and take it off heat.Serve hot and relish this simple dessert!


You will also like:


7 comments :