Monday 5 January 2015

Tandoori aloo|Tandoori Aloo tikka|How to make Tandoori Aloo without oven

One late evening,when I returned from clinic,I found my hubby had got a kilo of baby potatoes.

His wish was to cook his all time favourite Dum aloo.But I had something else in my mind.A foodie had asked for this recipe.And I had promised her  too.Here was my chance to please my hubby and make my foodie friend happy  too.So here I present an easy and fast method of making tandoori aloo.

 Preparation Time:1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking Time:15 minutes

Ingredients:
  1. 8 medium baby potatoes
  2. 4 tbsp refined sunflower oil 
For marinade:
  1. 1 cup beaten curd
  2. 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
  3. 2 tbsp lemon juice
  4. 1 tsp turmeric pwder
  5. 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
  6. 1 tsp garam masala/tandoori masala
  7. salt as per taste
For garnish:
  1. Kashmiri red chilli flakes
  2. Pinch of chaat masala
RECIPE:
  1. Wash,half boil and peel baby potatoes.
  2. Pierce them with a fork and keep aside.
  3. Take a bowl .Add all marinade ingredients in it and mix well.
  4. Add potatoes in the bowl and coat well.
  5. Let the potatoes marinade for an hour in fridge.
  6. Heat oil in a non stick pan and start adding potatoes to it.Close the lid and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes till dry.
  7. Take off the heat and  garnish with kashmiri red chilli flakes and chaat masala.
  8. Serve hot with coriander chutney.
                                                                                                                                                        
Check out the following recipes too:











                           

1 comment :