Thursday 8 January 2015

Banana kiwi fruit smoothie

A health drink,energy booster,crowd pleaser and pleasant part of brunches and breakfast.....that is what smoothies are all about!


Simple is beautiful.And that is what I love about this drink.Just whiz everything together and voila!your smoothie is ready.



My son lend his hand (very enthusiastically) in making this drink.A time will come when I will have to officially hand over the charge of making smoothies for my entire family ,to my four year old.
Kids are often tired of eating fruits.Smoothies are the easiest way to let kids try different types of fruits/.
P.S: Adults,this is guilt free!

Cooking time:10 minutes

Ingredients:

  1. 2 ripe bananas(peeled  and chopped)
  2. 1 kiwifruit(peeled and cooked)
  3. 5 tbsp yogurt/dahi
  4. 2 tbsp milk
  5. Sugar(if you need it)
  6. Crushed ice(if you need it)

RECIPE:
  1. Take a pan,add kiwi fruit to it and let it simmer for  a minute till soft.I have included this step only as a precaution.Because if eaten raw ,kiwi can cause irritation in throats of some people.(you can totally avoid this step too).
  2. Now put all ingredients in blender .Process untill smooth.Pour in a glass and enjoy!

2 comments :

  1. Hey . . . Dis recipe sounds interesting. . . I need to try it asap. FYI . . U can make some similar thick shakes by jst 2 ingredients viz. A fresh fruit of your choice like kiwi, mango, strawberry etc. And vanilla ice cream or even whipped cream will do . All u hav to do is jst blend both d things together n ur yummy drink is ready. I often make it . . N trust me it's easy to make n yummy to taste . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Priyanka ...for liking the recipe.You are right about the simplicity and the pleasure this recipe gives.Do let me know how much it was liked in your household.It a superhit in my home.)))))

      Delete